People are delighted when their pets are healthy. And the same applies for livestock. Ensuring animals are healthy requires one thing above all: The best possible animal feed. Producers of high-quality animal feed focus on the precise dosing of raw materials in an automated manufacturing process at all times – and that these materials are easy to process. Silica from Evonik provides significant benefits here. We know the sector and the challenges which can occur during the manufacturing, processing and storage of animal feed or raw materials. Disruptive factors, such as poor flow behavior, or the tendency to cake, can easily be avoided by using silica products from Evonik.
And our silica can do much more: They can be used as carrier substances for liquid components, such as vitamins, organic acids or antioxidants. Silica products developed specifically for animal feed make it easier to mix absorbates into a powder or granulate animal feed premix. Our experienced technical customer service will support you throughout the entire process.
Advantages of silica for the animal feed industry
- With silica as carriers, liquid components can be transformed into powder form, allowing them to be distributed evenly
- Important nutrients, such as vitamins, can be dosed more precisely. This ensures that the animals have a healthy nutrition
- Anti-caking agents: Animal feed and its raw materials remain pourable through the use of silica. They do not cake during storage and transportation
- Free flow: Perfect flow capabilities during manufacturing and processing
- Avoid wasting feed and additives due to caking
- Simple processing of animal feed saves resources