In this webinar, we would like to discuss a practical example how durability of mechanical rubber goods could be improved by applying silica grades with high specific surface area. Therefore, we will present the results in model compounds compared to ULTRASIL® VN 3 GR references.
- The main topic of the webinar addresses the question of how Mechanical Rubber Goods can benefit from silica with high specific surface area (HSSA)
- Comparison of ULTRASIL® 9100 GR, ULTRASIL® 9500 GR and an experimental grade with HSSA vs. ULTRASIL® VN 3 GR in a conveyor belt model compound formulation will be presented
- The dosage of the crosslinking silane Si 69® was varied and adjusted to the CTAB surface of the silica, to study its influence on the rubber properties
- Influence of HSSA on rubber properties like tensile strength, abrasion and tear resistance will be discussed
- As long service life is a crucial aspect for rubber goods, the fatigue properties will be described via Intrinsic Strength Analysis
Evonik’s Silica experts are pleased to invite you to a webinar on October 13th, 2022.